Silky Merino by Malabrigo
DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, MALABRIGO IS OUT OF MOST POPULAR COLORS OF THIS YARN FOR NOW. This delightfully drapey favorite combines 50% silk and 50% merino into a single-ply DK yarn that is absolutely a treat to knit and a joy to wear. The combination is soft, smooth, and itch-free even on the most sensitive skin- absolutely wonderful for garments, scarves, and other next-to-your-skin items. The silk content gives the yarn a bit more weight and drape than a pure merino, and a slight sheen that is absolutely gorgeous. The fibers take dye a little differently, adding extra depth to the wide selection of semi-solid, variegated, and watercolor-multi colorways available.
Great for: Accessories, shawls, garments, cables, colorwork, textured stitches, lace.
Be sure to get enough yarn to complete your project since each bag is a different dye lot, and skeins may vary from bag to bag. In the tagged (*) colors, the skeins may vary one from the other even within the same bag. To ensure random color distribution, work from two balls of yarn at once, alternating a few rows from each ball.
- Weight: DK Texture: Single
- Yardage/Meters: 150 yards (137 meters). Skein weight: 50 grams (1.76 ounces)
- Gauge: 22.0 to 24.0 sts = 4 inches
- Recommended needle size: US 4 - 6 or 3.5 - 4mm
- Recommended hook size: US 7 to I-9 or 4.5-5.5 mm
- Content: 51% Silk, 49% MerinoCare: Hand Wash, cold water